In This Article
Adding a database slide to a gallery box
What are database slides?
A database slide allows you to display a database from your LibGuides A-Z List in a gallery box. For example, if you wanted to create a gallery of new trial databases, you could add a slide for each database that includes a thumbnail, link, and description.
Adding a database slide
- While editing your guide, click on the page containing your gallery box in the guide's navigation menu (i.e. tabs or side-navigation).
- In the gallery box's heading, click on the Add/Edit Panes () icon.
- Click on the Add New Slide button and select Database.
- In the Add Database window, click on the dropdown and use the search box to find the database you want to add from your A-Z List.
- Can't find the database you're looking for? If it's not listed in your A-Z Database List, an admin can add it directly from the Content > A-Z Database List page. Then, you can return to your gallery box and add it as a slide.
- Select the database you want to add from the list of results.
- Review the preview to see what will be added to your slide. You can always select a different database if needed.
- Click the Add button.
Customizing the slide title and description
- If you would like to edit or remove the database's title, description, or other info after adding your slide, click on the slide's Edit icon. (Any changes you make will only be reflected on this slide -- they will not affect the actual database in your A-Z List.)