Each group in LibGuides CMS has its own separate look and feel settings that can be used to adjust the display of only that group -- including options for setting the guide page layout template that should be used for the group.
With this setting, you can allow folks to choose from whatever templates you have defined in your system when adding a new guide to the group or select an existing template for all guides in the group to use. Allow guide owner to choose template is the default selection. If you would like to set guides in the group to use a template:
- Go to Admin > Groups.
- Locate the group you want to customize and click on its Edit () icon in the Actions column.
- Click on the Look & Feel and Layout tab and choose Guide Pages from the dropdown.
- In the Layout Options for Guides box, click the dropdown and either choose from the list or start typing the template name, then select the template.
- When Allow guide owner to choose template is selected, you can choose the Default layout that is used for new guides that are created and assigned to the group.
- Click Save.
- Tabbed Nav to Side Nav: All boxes display in the right-hand column.
- Side Nav to Tabbed Nav: All boxes display in the left-hand column.
You will need to use the Pages > Reorder Boxes on Page function on each page of each guide to move the boxes around afterward, so please make sure you really do want to make this change.
Create a custom guide template
LibGuides offers two basic layouts for guide pages: tabbed navigation and side navigation. This not only determines where on the page the navigation menu appears, but it also determines the column layout of your pages. See the panels below for examples.
Each system has two default templates, one for tabbed navigation and one for side navigation. You can create customized templates, but please note:
- If you do not have LibGuides CMS, you are limited to the two system default templates. You can customize each, but cannot create additional customized templates.
- If you have LibGuides CMS, you can create as many custom templates as you'd like. These will exist in addition to the system default templates.
To get started, click on the Customize Guide Templates panel and follow the steps in Look & Feel: Customize page layout templates for guides.