Analyzing your A-Z Database List holdings
If you have LibGuides CMS, the Analyze Holdings page gives you several ways to review your database holdings and compare them against the A-Z Community. To get started, go to Content > A-Z Database List > Analyze Holdings.
The following reports are available:
- The total of databases in your A-Z List
- The total number of trial, new, and popular databases
- The total number of databases assigned to subjects
- The total number of vendors in your database list
- The ratio of active (aka "visible") to hidden databases
The Subjects box provides you with the distribution of databases by subject category. This report can help you identify subjects that may not be sufficiently covered by your current database subscriptions.
To view your current holdings in a subject category, click on that subject in the list. This will take you to the Subject Database Analysis page for that subject category.
Subject Database Analysis
When you click on an individual subject, you'll be taken to the Subject Database Analysis. This will provide you with a list of your current holdings, including if any titles have been designated as best bets for that subject.
- To view a database's full details, click on its Name.
- This report will also allow you to compare your holdings in this subject to the rest of the LibGuides community. Since not everyone uses the same name for a subject, you'll be given a choice of similar subject categories to pick from.
- You can use the Library Type and Country dropdowns to only view holdings for peer or nearby institutions.
- Select the checkboxes next to the subject categories you'd like to include in your analysis, then click the Go button.
- The analysis will display below, listing the databases assigned to the selected subjects and how many times they were assigned as best bets.
The Vendors box shows a distribution of your database holdings by vendor. This gives you a quick, at-a-glance overview of which vendors are represented the most in your collection.
To analyze a specific title, click on the database's name in the list.
Analyzing a title
Clicking on a title will give you a summary of the database's information, including its subject assignments.
This report will also allow you to see how many other members of the LibGuides community own this title. This will show you how many systems contain that database, as well as how many people have designated it as a best bet, new, trial, or popular resource.
- Use the Library Type and Country filters to see holdings for your peer institutions.