When time off mediation is enabled in your LibStaffer system settings, you can choose to send a notification to all Admin users when a new time off request has been submitted for approval.
By default, all Admin users will receive these notifications (unless they happen to turn them off in their Email & SMS Alerts settings). However, if you'd prefer, you can choose to send a staff member's time off requests only to their direct supervisor or supervisors (you can choose more than one). If a user submits a time off request on a day when their direct supervisor is off, then LibStaffer will send the request to that person's direct supervisor instead.
You can assign direct supervisors when creating a new account or editing an existing one.
To get started, go to Admin > Accounts. When editing an account, you'll find these options under the user's Manage Account tab.
To set or change a user's direct supervisor:
- Select names from the Direct Supervisors dropdown. If you no longer want to assign a direct supervisor, select the blank option at the top of the dropdown menu.
- If the user is a supervisor, the accounts they supervise will be listed next to Supervisor For.
- If you are assigning a direct supervisor for the first time, the Time Off Requests options will appear, allowing you to control who receives the user's time off requests.
- Sent to Supervisors: when this option is selected, time off notifications will only be sent to the user's direct supervisors.
- Sent to Supervisors and Admin accounts: when this option is selected, time off notifications will be sent to the user's direct supervisors, as well as all Admin users and Regular users with the "Approve Time Off" permission for that user's schedule.
- Remember: a user can still opt-out of these notifications in their Email & SMS Alerts settings.
- Click the Save button.