Assigning staff, tasks, and notes to a shift
Did you know? You can also assign staff to shifts using drag & drop. Learn more...
- Click on Schedules from the command bar.
- Select the schedule you want to edit from the Select Schedule dropdown.
- Click on the shift that you want to assign users to.
- On the Assign Shift modal, assign a staff member to the shift by clicking on the checkbox to the left of their name. To help with assigning staff and managing the shift the modal also includes the following:
- Staff required for the shift: This will show you how many users have been assigned versus how many users are required to fill the shift.
- Positions: This will show you the positions that can be assigned to the shift.
- Staff availability: When you mouse over a user, you'll see a summary of information about that user's availability.
- If they're not available, the reason why they cannot work the shift
- How many hours they're scheduled today (across all calendars)
- How many hours they're scheduled this week (vs. their maximum weekly hours)
- How many hours they're scheduled this month (vs. their maximum weekly hours)
- Setting a user as a favorite for the shift: You can click the Favor this staff member for Auto Scheduling () icon to set this user as the favorite for the shift the next time Auto Scheduler is run.
- Public Tasks & Notes: This will show you the original tasks and notes that were set when the shift was created that you can edit, if needed, for this shift.
- Admin Shift Notes: Add a note for other admins about this shift to communicate any issues or interesting happenings that occurred during this shift. This note will only be visible to other admins. And is also visible in the scheduled shifts report.
- Edit Shift: Make edits to the single shift or if it is a recurring shift, for all future instances.
- Delete Shift: Delete the individual shift, or if it is a recurring shift, all future instances or the entire series.
- Find & Replace: Reassign multiple recurring shifts at once.
- Click the Save Assignments button.
- If you would like to assign the selected staff member(s) to all future instances of the shift, you can choose Save Recurring Assignments from the dropdown for the button.
More on saving recurring assignments
If you chose the Save Recurring Assignments option when saving the shift, you will see a second modal to specify the recurrence pattern and start/end dates for the assignment.
- Click the Save Assignments button to complete the recurring assignments. Optionally you can also:
- Set the Start Date for when the recurring shift assignment should begin.
- Set the End Date for when the shift assignments should end.
- If the recurrence pattern for the shift covers multiple days of the week, you can specify which days should be assigned from the Days of Week field.