In This Article
Customize your LibAnswers account settings
While admin users have control over what parts of LibAnswers accounts can access (queues, FAQ groups, LibChat departments), all account holders have a set of their own LibAnswers account settings that they can manage. The following sections correspond to the different account settings available to regular-level users (admin users will have a few additional options for their account), with the links below providing you more info on the available settings.
Accessing your account settings
- To access your account settings, click on your email address in the orange command bar.
- If you are a Regular user, you can also go to Admin > Account.
- Or, if you are an Admin user, you can go to Admin > Accounts and edit your account from that page.
- On the Manage Account page, adjust your settings as needed.
General account settings
The top section of the Manage Account page allows you to customize some basic settings for your account.
- Display a nickname instead of your real name in LibChat
If you would prefer to display an alias instead of your real name, you can set a nickname for your account.
- Choose a default Ref. Analytics dataset
You can select the dataset that is the first to display when adding/viewing/editing transactions.
- Setting your away status
Your LibAnswers away status allows you to indicate whether or not you are available to reply to tickets.
- Default dashboard view
You can choose any one of your available custom views to display instead of the default list of all new and open tickets for your queues.
- Profile image
Adjust the profile image used for LibChat and its background color.
- Choose which departments and queues to monitor by default.
- Turn sound notifications on/off by default.
- Configure your idle message (which displays to patrons if you've been idle after a specified number of minutes).
- Select which appointment schedulers to use (these are links sent to patrons for scheduling follow-up appointments with you).
- Set the default view for your chat dashboard.