Add and manage LibGuides user accounts
When adding accounts to LibGuides, be sure to select the appropriate level of permissions for that user, based upon how you need them to use the system. For example, if the new account will be helping you manage the system, you'll want to make sure they have admin-level access.
Also, be sure to set up the appropriate additional permissions for your regular-level users. Remember that with LibGuides CMS, you can give your regular users admin-level access to various parts of your site (like managing assets, editing all guides, and more).
There are five different account levels in LibGuides.
- Admin users: these users can create content, edit all content in the system, and manage system settings & customizations.
- Regular users: these users can create and edit their own content. Ideal for most users who will be creating and maintaining guides.
- Editor users: these users can only edit guides to which they've been assigned as editors. Ideal for collaborators, such as students, faculty, or volunteers.
- Contributor users: this user level is only available with E-Reserves. These users have the same access to E-Reserves as regular users, but editor-level access in the rest of the system.
- Patron users: this user level cannot log into the admin side of LibApps. These are public-facing accounts that allow patrons to comment on blogs and post to discussion boards.
Adding and managing accounts
- Adding a new account
When adding a new account you can set the account level and additional permissions.
- Using invitations to create multiple user accounts at once
Instead of adding multiple new accounts one at a time, you can send invitations to multiple users at once.
- Viewing existing accounts
- Editing accounts
Edit a user's account level, additional permissions, and group access (CMS only).
- Deleting accounts
- View and copy a list of email addresses for your user accounts