Customizing the look & feel of your LibGuides system
Regardless of how much you want to customize the style of your site, we recommend spending some time customizing your homepage. It will be the first thing users see when they visit your site, so it's a good idea to make sure that the most relevant content is front and center.
- How do I get started customizing the look and feel of my LibGuides site?
- Customize the default LibGuides homepage
- Video: LibGuides admin settings and look & feel customizations
- Customize the public and admin page headers
- Customize the public page footer
- Customize your system's default tab and box options
- Use a guide as your LibGuides homepage
- Customize the LibGuides language options
- Customizing the user privacy alert
- Video: Adding CSS to your LibGuides system
- Video: More fun with CSS & Bootstrap
Other customizations to consider
Along with customizing the look and feel of your site and guides with custom CSS (and general changes within the Look & Feel options), you can fine tune the look and layout of all of your public pages. You can create custom templates for your guides -- choosing between tabbed and side navigation layouts, homepage, A-Z database list, subject pages, profile pages, and search results.
Template choices for your guides allow you to ensure consistency between your guides, and admins can also force users to use one particular template when creating guides, so no one can stray from that template.
- Customize the A-Z Database List page template and navigation bar dropdowns
- Customizing tabbed and side navigation guide layout templates
- Customizing homepage templates
- Customizing the layout of a group's homepage
- Video: LibGuides Customizations: Templates
Groups (LibGuides CMS only)
With groups you have the opportunity to create completely customized web presences for your various content types. Your website content can have a different look than your subject guides and your training materials can have yet another. You can add as many groups as you'd like. Each group has its own homepage, look & feel options, guide templates, and language options.