Add and manage LibStaffer user accounts
What are the account levels in LibStaffer?
There are three different account levels in LibStaffer.
- Admin users can manage all schedules, shifts, user accounts, and system settings. They are also able to be added to schedules and assigned to shifts.
- Regular users can be added to schedules and assigned to shifts, which is ideal for most staff. For each schedule, an admin can elevate regular users to serve as admins just for that schedule. This would allow them to create, assign, and manage shifts, shift swaps, and time off for just that schedule -- not the entire system.
- Inactive users cannot log into LibStaffer, but will continue to display in your historic reports so you retain accurate data on their work history. This is ideal for former employees.
|Permission||Admin Users||Regular Users||Inactive Users|
|Sign into LibStaffer||Yes||Yes||No|
|Manage system settings & user accounts||Yes||No||No|
|Create schedules & manage schedule settings||Yes||No||No|
|Create, assign, & manage shifts||Yes, all schedules||Yes, but only if made a schedule's admin||No|
|Mediate shift swaps & time off requests (if required)||Yes, all schedules||Yes, but only if made a schedule's admin||No|
|Generate reports||Yes||Yes, but only if made a schedule's admin||No|
|Swap shifts with other users (if enabled)||Yes||Yes||No|
|Give up shifts (if enabled)||Yes||Yes||No|
|Claim open shifts (if enabled)||Yes||Yes||No|
|Submit time off requests||Yes||Yes, if enabled by admin||No|
|Create & manage workflow forms||Yes||No||No|
|Review & manage workflow form submissions||Yes||Yes, but only if given access to a form||No|
Within your LibStaffer system, you can only create as many accounts as allowed by your subscription level. You can view your subscription level from Admin > System Settings. If you find that you need to add more accounts, contact the Springy Sales Team to increase your limit.
Also, if you need to add a bunch of accounts at once, you can contact the Springy Support Team and we can help you bulk import users to your LibStaffer system.
- Creating an account
Learn how to add a new account to your system.
After creating an account (and also during the initial account creation process), admin users can edit all aspects of the account's settings and access.
- Changing a user's account level
- Changing a user's default schedule
Learn how to change the schedule a user sees by default when they view the Schedules page.
- Managing a user's working hours
- Changing the maximum hours a user can work each week and month
Learn how to adjust the maximum allowable working hours per week and month for an account.
- Managing another user's email & SMS alerts
Learn how to change a user's email and SMS notifications.
- Enabling LibCal Appointments sync for a user's account
- How to send a user's time off requests only to their direct supervisor
Learn how to manage the approval process for a user's time off requests.
- How to edit a user's assigned location, department, and position
Learn how to edit a user's assignments in the Organizational Hierarchy.
- How to edit another user's LibStaffer profile info
Note: regular users can also edit their own default schedule, working hours, maximum hours, LibCal syncing, Outlook/Exchange calendar syncing, Google Calendar syncing, alert notifications, and profile information.