- To insert an image, place the cursor where you want the image to go and click on the Image () button.
- In the Image Properties window, click the Browse Server button.
- In the Image Manager window, select or upload a new image.
- To upload and insert a new image, click the Upload New Image. You can upload any JPG, JPEG, GIF, PNG, or ICO file up to 5MB in size.
- To insert an existing image, click on the Reuse this Image () icon under its thumbnail
- Back in the Image Properties window, you can customize the image using the options under the Image Info tab.
- URL: this contains the URL for your image from your Image Manager library.
- Alternative Text: we strongly recommend adding descriptive alternative text so that your image is accessible to users of screen readers.
- Width and Height: customize the dimensions of your image.
- When the padlock icon is locked, entering a width or height will automatically calculate the other dimension so your image retains its aspect ratio.
- You can click on the padlock icon to toggle the aspect ratio on/off.
- To restore the default dimensions, click the Reset Size icon.
- Border: enter a value to apply a border around your image. The larger the value, the thicker the border.
- HSpace and VSpace: enter a value in these fields to apply a margin around the image.
- Use the HSpace to apply a margin to the left and right sides.
- Use the VSpace to apply a margin to the top and bottom.
- Alignment: use this to align the image to the left, right, or center of the Rich Text/HTML content item.
- If you would like your image to link to a URL, click on the Link tab.
- URL: enter the URL of the page you want to link to.
- Target: select whether to open the link in the current window or a new window.
- Click OK to insert the image.
- Save the changes to your Rich Text/HTML content item.
Editing an existing image
To edit an image you've already added to your Rich Text/HTML content item, simply right-click on it and select Image Properties.